In Greenfinches, we aim to provide a caring, nurturing and safe environment where pupils are provided with experiences that make them feel valued and respected. We help our pupils recognise, understand and develop skills to improve social and emotional well-being. We continue to remove learning barriers and to motivate pupils through a wide range of learning opportunities. We do this by following the six principles of nurture:
The Six Principles Of Nurture
1. Children’s learning is understood developmentally
2. The classroom offers a safe base
3. The importance of nurture for the development of wellbeing
4. Language is a vital means of communication
5. All behaviour is communication
6. The importance of transition in children’s lives
(Ref: Lucas,S., Insley,K. and Buckland,G. (2006) Nurture Group Principles and Curriculum Guidelines Helping Children to Achieve, The Nurture Group Network)
SPRING TERM TOPIC DISPLAYS 2018!
Rainbows and Unicorns!
Displays and work for Autumn 2017.
Greenfinches Growth Therapy Project 2017
Greenfinches having fun in the 2017 sun!
Greenfinches visit Furness Abbey – October 2016